What it means to have a custom built tandem made just for you (and your favorite riding partner):
It all starts with you and what you want. We’re here to listen, take notes and transform your ideas into a custom tandem. Primarily, we serve riders that dream big, are pushing the limits of the industry, and are looking to bridge the gap between their ambitions and their current set up.
Granite Tandem Design is established to create tandems (and components) that are better suited for our most memorable rides: travel, racing, touring, mud, bumps and growing families. Your adventures are our design perimeters.
We design the frame’s geometry based on your fit and handling preferences. The frame’s tire clearance; mounting features for bottles, racks, fenders, and bags; and other specifications are determined by your current needs and future plans. We’ll work with you to map out component specs that best suit your lifestyle and budget.
Fully custom means the price varies with the design and build. Below are our typical prices. Contact us to figure out what design options are best for you.
Complete Tandems: $8,500 – $12,000+
Frame Sets: $5,500 – $6,500+
Frame Only: $5,000 – $6,000+
Standard Frame Features:
Build Process (in a nutshell):
1) Contact us. Let us know what you’re looking for. Here are some helpful questions to consider:
What do you currently ride? What do you like about it? What don’t you like about it? Have you had a professional bike fit? What are you looking to do with your new tandem? Race uphill,tour, ride mixed-terrain, time-trial, travel? Let us know what adventures are on your bucket list.
2) We’ll discuss some options and iterate until you’re happy with the plan.
3) We’ll send you a frame drawing, build list, and quote.
4) Once approved, a 50% deposit starts the build process.
5) 8-10 weeks later your bike is welcomed into the world.
6) We’ll send you a notification that your bike is ready to come home.
7) Send 50% remainder of payment, plus shipping.
8) We send you your dream bike.
For additional information about pricing, process, or delivery, please contact us.